Redeemer University Bachelor of Arts Degree (2017 – present)
● Major: English – Writing, Media & Communication Studies
● Minor: Business – focus on Business Marketing
*expected graduation: April 2021*
Awards and Achievements:
● Academic Award for Excellence in the English Department
● Academic Award for Excellence in the Humanities Department
● Dean’s Honour List: Fall and Winter 2017-2020
Student Senate VP of Communications – Redeemer University (Fall 2020 – present)
· Through effective communication, I worked closely with other Student Senators and administrators at Redeemer University in order to create captivating media for online and print purposes
· During weekly meetings, I organized agendas and took concise minutes that grasped main ideas that were important to the Senate’s daily and weekly activities.
Writing Intern for Resound Magazine – Redeemer University (Summer 2020)
· Through cooperation with the Marketing and Writing team, I completed three student stories that incorporated elements of the writing process and published these stories in the Fall edition of Resound Magazine.
Editor in Chief / Reporter for The Crown – Redeemer University (Fall 2018 – April 2020)
● As Editor, I collaborated with reporters and editors to provide students and staff at Redeemer University with a professional student online and printed newspaper that initiated conversations around a variety of topics.
● As a reporter, I brainstormed ideas for articles that were relevant to the student body and worked with the rest of the team to present ideas and articles from a Christian perspective.
Student Office Administrator – Redeemer University (June 2019 – August 2020)
· Through executing various office tasks like relaying phone calls, handling mail, and welcoming guests, I contributed to the welcoming environment in Redeemer University’s front office.
Financial Services Assistant – Redeemer University (Summer 2019)
· With careful attention to detail, I completed journal data entries and bank reconciliations in order to help the finance department run smoothly throughout the summer.
· Developed administrative and interpersonal skills by answering phone calls and emails, interacting with visitors, and completing daily office tasks.
Book Depot – Thorold (Fall 2014 – 2018)
● Utilized time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills to finish assigned tasks and communicate with peers and supervisors in a warehouse environment.
Monthly Reporter for high school newspaper (The Mouthpiece) (2013 – 2017)
● By reporting on events and topics that were relevant to the students attending Heritage Christian School, I worked with the supervising teacher and classmates to make sure quality work was being published.
Girl’s Club Counsellor (2013 – 2015)
● Acted as a leader and role model for younger girls in my church and participated in group activities and events.
· First Aid & CPR Training – completed in March 2019
· Mental Health Training – completed August 2019
To contact this candidate email email@example.com