My experience in many different roles within a variety of working environments has enabled me to develop a unique array of effective working skills.
As a Camp Counsellor I am known for being energetic, approachable, and effectively motivating children, teens, and adults; and helping them to embrace the camp environment. I am a go-getter, committed to implementing and leading group activities that are fun, educational and entertaining.
I am an enthusiastic Recreational Leader highly effective at developing a full event schedule that meets both budget and Camp community needs. Service-oriented professional with a friendly and adaptable approach. Pursuing new professional challenges with an expanding operation.
I am a fully certified and experienced lifeguard highly skilled in observing all swim patrons in the pool while upholding safety protocols. Strong team player with excellent communication skills and instruction abilities.
I am a Creator and owner of Business, Lunarhead Opus, selling and promoting my personal work and art pieces on social media and through community events such as art shows and auctions.
· Event planning
· Team building and collaboration
· Certified Lifeguard
· Problem-solving abilities
· Childcare management
· Creative lesson plan development
· Lifeguard procedures
· NLS: National Lifeguard Service
· Water Safety Instructor
· Bronze Cross
· Bronze Medallion
· First Aid
· AED defibrillator
September 2018/ April 2019
Certificate of Intercultural Studies at Heritage Bible College and Seminary
September 2019/April 2023
Bachelor of Arts at Redeemer University
June 2018/June 2020
Head of Lifeguard Department at Camp Hermosa
• Kept watch over swimmers to ensure fast response when distress situations arose.
• Maintained a safe swimming facility by regularly checking pool chemicals and cleaning the pool, pool filters, and pump daily.
• Led swimmer instructional lessons with participants of varying ages to share optimal swim techniques and build strength.
• Garnered valuable advice to new swimmers on specific techniques and provided tips on building strength.
June 2018/June 2020
Recreation Department at Camp Hermosa
• Created engaging evening games and daily fun activities for campers of all ages
• Helped participants enjoy activities in a fun but safe manner.
• Provide entertainment through skits, competitions, and campfire challenges
• Raised $30,000 towards building new cabins through fundraiser called “treading for bedding”
September 2019/December 2019
Waitress at Muskoka Bible Centre
• Served plated dinners, buffet style dinners and hot beverages for parties of 50 to 200.
• Maintained table settings by removing courses, replacing utensils and refilling beverages promptly.
• Checked on guests to verify satisfaction with meals and suggested additional items to increase restaurant sales.
• Prepared and maintained buffet and salad bar by checking temperatures, restocking food and monitoring potential avenues of contamination.
• Transported all dirty glassware and utensils from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
• Communicated effectively with kitchen staff regarding customer allergies, dietary needs and other special requests.
October 2015/ May2019
Food Service Worker at Stevens Bar-B-Q Restaurant
• Performed prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
• Delegated tasks to team members to optimize productivity.
• Cleaned work areas, equipment and utensils.
• Stored food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
• Upheld food safety standards at all times.