My experience in many different roles within a variety of working environments has enabled me to develop a unique array of effective working skills.
As a Camp Counsellor I am known for being energetic, approachable, and effectively motivating children, teens, and adults; and helping them to embrace the camp environment. I am a go-getter, committed to implementing and leading group activities that are fun, educational and entertaining.
I am an enthusiastic Recreational Leader highly effective at developing a full event schedule that meets both budget and Camp community needs. Service-oriented professional with a friendly and adaptable approach. Pursuing new professional challenges with an expanding operation.
I am a fully certified and experienced lifeguard highly skilled in observing all swim patrons in the pool while upholding safety protocols. Strong team player with excellent communication skills and instruction abilities.
I am a Creator and owner of Business, Lunarhead Opus, selling and promoting my personal work and art pieces on social media and through community events such as art shows and auctions.
September 2018/ April 2019
Certificate of Intercultural Studies at Heritage Bible College and Seminary
September 2019/April 2023
Bachelor of Arts at Redeemer University
Upon completing my Bachelor of Arts, English Major, I will be enrolling in the Bachelor of Education.
July 2018/September 2019
Certified Lifeguard at Camp Hermosa
• Kept watch over swimmers to ensure fast response when distress situations arose.
• Maintained a safe swimming facility by regularly checking pool chemicals and cleaning the pool, pool filters, and pump daily.
• Led swimmer instructional lessons with participants of varying ages to share optimal swim techniques and build strength.
• Garnered valuable advice to new swimmers on specific techniques and provided tips on building strength.
July 2018/September 2019
Recreational Leader at Camp Hermosa
• Created engaging evening games and daily fun activities for campers of all ages
• Helped participants enjoy activities in a fun but safe manner.
• Provide entertainment through skits, competitions, and campfire challenges
• Raised $30,000 towards building new cabins through fundraiser called “treading for bedding”
September 2018/December 2019
Waitress at Muskoka Bible Center
• Served plated dinners, buffet style dinners and hot beverages for parties of 50 to 200.
• Maintained table settings by removing courses, replacing utensils and refilling beverages promptly.
• Checked on guests to verify satisfaction with meals and suggested additional items to increase restaurant sales.
• Prepared and maintained buffet and salad bar by checking temperatures, restocking food and monitoring potential avenues of contamination.
• Transported all dirty glassware and utensils from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
• Communicated effectively with kitchen staff regarding customer allergies, dietary needs and other special requests.
October 2015/ May2019
Food Service Worker at Steven's Bar-B-Q Restaurant
• Performed prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
• Delegated tasks to team members to optimize productivity.
• Cleaned work areas, equipment and utensils.
• Stored food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.M
• Upheld food safety standards at all times.
• Washed buffet, restaurant and banquet items, including silverware, dishes, cooking utensils, equipment and displays.
September 2015/June 2018
Assembly Representative at Grey Highlands Secondary School
• Hosting school events for the student body and staff in an exciting and informative manner
• Creating and Incorporating fun games, skits, and entertainment for students and staff between messages within School assemblies
• Public speaking to audience delivering information, entertainment, or introductions for guest speakers
• Organizing and presenting Remembrance Day ceremonies for the school and guests to participate in to honour all war veterans
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org